Recipe of the Month: Salmon Cubes
Winter is behind us, and spring weather is slowly arriving day by day. While many will be enjoying the sunlight and warmer weather, there are those who will be dreading what comes with spring: allergy season. One way to stave off allergies or keep them from getting worse is by consuming foods that try reduce the inflammation in the problem areas of your body. Inflammation is one of the major causes of allergy flare-ups, so a good meal that tackles this will do wonders for your body!
For an anti-inflammatory meal, it’s important to find foods rich in nutrients such as omega-3, which is known to provide anti-inflammatory effects, thereby keeping the worst of an allergy at bay. Here’s a simple dish you can whip up with salmon, a common ingredient dense in omega-3.
· 2 pounds of salmon
· ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
· ¼ cup of honey
· 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
· 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
· 1 teaspoon of chili flakes
· 2 cloves of garlic, minced
· 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
· 1 spring of rosemary
· Cut salmon into cubes (1” thick).
· Whisk vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, honey, chili flakes, garlic, black pepper, and rosemary in a bowl together until it’s completely mixed together.
· Put salmon cubes into a Ziploc bag, then pour the combined mixture in afterwards, leaving to marinate for at least one hour. Leave it for longer to let the mixture soak in for a richer flavour.
· Remove the salmon from the bag and drain any excess liquid. Don’t throw it out!
· Over a pan set to medium heat, add the remaining mixture and cook the salmon until you’re happy with the doneness.
· Serve and enjoy!
If any allergy symptoms don’t seem to be going away after trying various remedies, come visit us at our clinic to see how we can help you make the best out of spring!